COG HR LIMITED (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is our company, Cog HR Limited and we have our registered office at 22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU, United Kingdom.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is David Lester.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site https://CogHR.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our service, participate in bulletin boards or other social media functions on our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those you have received from us already;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Cog HR Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case data including its list of customers will be one of the transferred assets but individual data will not be disclosed.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Our system is hosted on a secure, encrypted website, currently this is a UK-based server provided for us by a dedicated hosting company and secured by Verisign by Semantec but we reserve the right to change this from time to time to ensure the best security for your data. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology by third party banks. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
REMOVAL OF YOUR DATA
As a paying customer to our Services (as defined under our terms of Service) then you will have the option to request removal of all your data when the term of your as a customer ends.
You can exercise your right to prevent any processing at any time by contacting us at: Customer Services, Cog HR Limited at 22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU, United Kingdom. or emailed to us at help@CogHR.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. The data used is anonymised.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Subscription forms. When you use subscription forms on Our Site we use session cookies to allow You to safely and securely complete a form. These session cookies are necessary for the reliable operation of Our forms and are anonymous.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after six months.